Robert joined the Capital Hill Group after gaining extensive political experience managing the mechanics of the parliamentary system as a Legislative and Member’s Assistant to NDP MP Matthew Kellway, Beaches East – York. During his time on the Hill, Robert gained an in-depth understanding of party and parliamentary dynamics, stakeholder relations, parliamentary procedure, committee work, communications strategy and constituency business.
Prior to his time on the Hill, Robert worked as a Program Officer at the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, where he gained extensive knowledge of the peer review process for research funding in Canada and in other jurisdictions around the world.
Robert holds an undergraduate degree in Political Science and International Relations as well as a Master’s degree in Public and International Affairs from York University, Glendon College.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Canadian Politics and the Federal Legislative Processes
- Strategic Communications
- Stakeholder & Community Relations
- Government Funding Applications
- Infrastructure and Urban Affairs
- Aboriginal Issues and Arctic Sovereignty
- Legislative and Member’s Assistant to NDP MP Matthew Kellway
- Program Officer at the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
- Project Coordinator at a Planning Entity for French Healthcare Services in the Greater Toronto Area