Yash Dogra combines hands-on political experience with the discipline of post-graduate studies in government relations to service the day-to-day needs of client files. Add resourceful, highly analytical and passionate about the field of government relations, and it’s easy to see how he’s also become an indispensable member of our team. Today, Yash helps CHG clients stay informed through media-based research and legislative monitoring as the lead on CHG’s Queen’s Park Monitor. He also helps clients position themselves for success in profile raising, engagement and funding applications. During his tenure at CHG, Yash has been successful in securing government funding for multiple CHG clients at both the Federal and Provincial level.
Prior to joining CHG, Yash worked on both of Ontario’s 2014 election campaigns, serving as a Campaign Executive for a Regional Councillor in the 2014 municipal elections, as well as a campaign intern for a candidate in the province’s general election. He has also interned at Sustain Ontario – a province-wide, cross-sectoral alliance that promotes healthy food and farming – and helped create the overarching strategy for member organizations to raise the profile of their issues ahead of the municipal elections.
With a love of languages, public policy and athletics, Yash demonstrates a diversity of interests and an equal commitment to excellence. Fluent in English, Hindi and Marathi, Yash has also earned several academic awards and commendations during his post-graduate program in government relations, including the President’s Honour List and a nomination for 2014 Co-Op Student of the Year.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Campaign and Social Media Strategy
- Strategic Communications and Issues Management
- Ontario Politics and Legislative Processes
- Research and Analysis
- Government Funding Applications
- Campaign Executive, Regional Councillor Gael Miles (City of Brampton, 2014 Municipal Elections)
- Campaign Intern, MPP Candidate Tom Rakocevic (2014 Ontario General Election)
- Government Relations Intern, Sustain Ontario – The Alliance for Healthy Food and Farming