Aaron ScheeweSenior Consultant
Toronto| Tel: 416.979-1115 ex 226 | Email Aaron |
Aaron spent over a decade in Ottawa working in Parliament, holding senior positions within the offices of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, former Prime Minister of Canada and several of his Cabinet colleagues including the Honourable John Baird, the Honourable Tony Clement and the Honourable Gary Goodyear.
During his time in Ottawa Aaron to contributed to key government files including the significant international crises in Afghanistan (2008/09), Libya and Syria (2011/12), helping to manage large pockets of stimulus funding under Canada’s Economic Action Plan (2009-11) and setting-up the first suite of programs for the billion-dollar Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario. Aaron also helped the government become more streamlined in its processes by playing a key part in the Deficit Reduction Action Plan that saw billions in ongoing savings during the Conservative Party of Canada’s 2011-15 majority government.
Aaron’s experience includes serving in the postsecondary sector with McMaster University, where he is also an alumnus. As university representative to the provincial and municipal levels of government, he established many key relationships ensuring the mandate of the university was met.
Both a resident and native of Hamilton, Aaron spends his time outside of work with his wife, two daughters and extended family in the area.
- Senior Consultant, The Capital Hill Group
- Chief of Staff, Minister for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
- Ontario Regional Advisor to the Prime Minister of Canada
- Director of Issues Management to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and President of the Treasury Board of Canada
- Senior Advisor to Minister responsible for the Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario
- Manager of Public Affairs at McMaster University