You will assist in providing government relations services and maintaining client portfolios of CHG Senior Government Relations Consultants, while remaining current in the clients’ affairs and concerns. You are able to prioritize and work independently to respond to tight deadlines and urgent matters, without neglecting longer-term client work.
You have a strategic mindset and are client service-oriented, exceptionally organized, and a great writer, possessing strong research skills and the ability to multi-task. You work effectively both independently and in a team atmosphere. In this position, you would be providing government relations and communications guidance and support to clients on some of the most high profile and relevant public policy issues of the day. To this end, a keen interest in politics, public policy and current events is a must.
You support Senior Consultants’ efforts in pursuing government contracts, influencing policy decisions, and monitoring political activity on behalf of clients. A strong understanding of issues management, stakeholder engagement, public relations and/or government relations is required.
This position is responsible for maintaining Capital Hill Group’s reputation through client facing and government stakeholder interactions. As an Associate Consultant, you are a key contributor, and at times, the lead on client projects. You are responsible for providing internal support in the areas of research, marketing, and business development to Senior Consultants.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide significant support to Senior Consultants in the execution of client projects and internal corporate initiatives
- Work in partnership with colleagues and team members to implement CHG’s business plans and attain corporate goals and objectives
- Represent the company as appropriate with clients and in community affairs
- Prepare written reports, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, and relevant marketing material
- Conduct research into a wide variety of topics and share findings with team
- Function as a key point of support on client projects
- Provide some government and media monitoring services
- Monitor progress and results for all projects in your portfolio
- Seek guidance as needed; mitigate issues prior to their escalation
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- A post-secondary degree in business, communications, political science, public administration, or a related discipline
- Experience in writing reports or briefing notes, summarizing issues pertinent to decision makers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Lead/Senior Consultants or President
- Commensurate with experience.
- CHG offers a comprehensive health benefits package.
- Ottawa, ON