You will maintain a client portfolio and remain current in the clients’ affairs and concerns as well as build contacts and work through issues by liaising with the bureaucratic and political levels of government. You are able to prioritize and work independently to respond to tight deadlines and urgent matters, without neglecting longer-term client work.
You have a strategic mindset, client service-oriented, exceptionally organized, a great writer, with strong research skills and the ability to multi-task and who can work both independently and in a team atmosphere. In this position, you would be providing government relations and communications guidance and support to clients on some of the most high profile and relevant public policy issues of the day. To this end, a keen interest in politics, public policy and current events is a must.
You support our clients’ efforts in pursuing government contracts, influencing policy decisions, and monitoring political activity. A strong understanding of issues management, stakeholder engagement, public relations and/or government relations is required. You are well-organized, proactive, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have experience in a political, government, government relations, research/policy, advocacy or department/agency setting. You have experience leading the organization of events. You have experience being part of a team to deliver on a multi-pronged project.
This position is responsible for maintaining Capital Hill Group’s reputation through client facing and government stakeholder interactions. As a Consultant, you are a key contributor, and at times, the lead on client projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide significant support to Senior Consultants in the execution of client projects and internal corporate initiatives
- Work in partnership with colleagues and team members to implement CHG’S business plans and attain corporate goals and objectives
- Represent the company as appropriate with clients and in community affairs
- Prepare written reports, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, and relevant marketing material
- Conduct research into a wide variety of topics and share findings with team
- Function as a key point of support on client projects
- Monitor progress and results for all projects in your portfolio
- Seek guidance as needed; mitigate issues prior to their escalation
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- A post-secondary degree in business, communications, political science, public administration, or a related discipline
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a political or relevant industry environment (Government, non-profit, advocacy, think-tank, etc.)
- Experience in writing reports or briefing notes, summarizing issues pertinent to decision makers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience in and around Government of any kind is an asset
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- *Note – position could be considered mid-level or senior, based on experience.
- CHG offers a comprehensive health benefits package.
- Preferably Ottawa, ON
- Flexible on location with the expectation that there be occasional travel to Ottawa.