Michaela Nudo is a master’s candidate at the Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, and the Centre for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies (CERES), at the University of Toronto. Michaela is preparing to defend her master’s thesis on targeting withing universal social policy in Germany, specifically non-employment based welfare such as health, training, and education, in March 2023. While at the Munk School, Michaela has published multiple papers, participated in conferences across the University of Toronto, and conducted international field research. She has served as a visiting research intern at the Leibniz Institute for East and South-East European Studies in Regensburg, Germany, where she worked with their political science research group. Michaela also previously worked for Dell Technologies as a Senior Account Manager. While at Dell, she managed a portfolio of global clientele, including fortune 100 clients, across Europe, Asia, and North America.
She is currently the chair of the CERES Graduate Student Union, leads a team to organize the 2023 Annual CERES Conference, and acts as a senior editor for the Eurasiatique journal. Partnered with Eurasiatique’s executive committee, Michaela has orchestrated the theme of 2023’s conference and journal: Identity and Place: A Discussion of Borders, Transformation, Histories, and Movements.
Outside of Graduate School and work, Michaela enjoys hiking, painting, reading, and taking her dog Padmé, unwillingly, on said hikes.
- Senior Corporate Account Manager, Dell Technologies
- Visiting Research Assistant, Leibniz Institute for East and South-East European Studies
- Chair, CERES Graduate Student Union
- Master of European and Russian Affairs, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, University of Toronto
- B.A. Honours, majoring in Political Science and European Affairs, minoring in Economics and German Language, University of Toronto