Nathan ScheeweSenior Consultant
Toronto | Tel: 416-979-1115 x 236 | Email Nathan
Nathan is a passionate government relations professional with over 8 years of experience in a range of sectors from energy and infrastructure to trade and international relations.
His extensive public sector experience includes working as a political staffer in Ottawa, where he held key senior positions within multiple Cabinet Ministers’ offices. Nathan has also worked within the bureaucracy of the Ontario government and has a solid understanding of the important relationship between a Minister’s office and the department.
In addition to his public sector experience, Nathan most recently served as the Manager, Government Relations for Alectra Utilities Corporation – the largest municipally owned utility in Ontario – where he managed a robust team and established and maintained positive and productive relationships with elected officials within the municipalities of the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, and key political staff at Queen’s Park. During his time there, Nathan made significant contributions that helped drive the successful merger of Alectra Utilities and Guelph Hydro.
Nathan has a proven ability to identify emerging issues before they arise and provide creative solutions to Capital Hill clients, while delivering effective results in fast-paced, time-sensitive, heavily-regulated and multi-disciplined environments.
- Manager of Government Relations, Alectra Utilities Corporation
- Senior Program Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- Director of Operations and Issues Management, Office of the Minister of State (Foreign Affairs and Consular)
- Policy Advisor, Office of the Minister of Public Safety
- Legislative Assistant, Office of MP Harold Albrecht (Kitchener – Conestoga)