Catarina Leite is a master’s candidate in European and Russian Affairs at the Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, and the Centre for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies (CERES) at the University of Toronto. Her research is focused on the impacts of NATO cybersecurity policy decisions experienced by defence alliances and periphery states since the start of the 2022 Russian Invasion of Ukraine. Catarina participated in an internship through the Munk School at the Center for Legal Aid in Sofia, Bulgaria where she assisted with policy analysis related to migrants and their immigration cases in Bulgaria’s supreme court.
She has previously worked for the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development as a Policy and Programs Assistant, in the Health and Safety Training, Administration, and Certification Unit, focusing on their Internal complaints management policy and making content for the Supporting Ontario’s Safe Employers Program webpage. She enjoys cooking and baking gluten free recipes in her free time.
- Policy and Programs Assistant at the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
- Summer Associate at the Center for Legal Aid – Voice in Bulgaria
- Business Development Representative at Telnyx
- Currently working on Master of European and Russian Affairs, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, University of Toronto
- Bilingual Bachelor of Arts – BA, International/Global Studies, Glendon Campus of York University | Campus Glendon de l’Université York