This section contains detailed information on the department?s planned results and resources for each of its core responsibilities.
Core Responsibility 1: Safe and Secure Transportation System
Ensures a safe and secure transportation system in Canada through laws, regulations, policies, and oversight activities.
Planned results for A Safe and Secure Transportation System
- Result 1: A safe transportation system
- Result 2: A secure transportation system
- Result 3: A modern safety and security regime that support economic growth
Core Responsibility 2: Green and Innovative Transportation System
Advances the Government of Canada’s environmental agenda in the transportation sector by reducing harmful air emissions; protects Canada’s ocean and marine environments by reducing the impact of marine shipping; and affirms a commitment to innovation in the transportation sector.
Planned results for Green and Innovative Transportation System
- Result 4: Harmful air emissions from transportation in Canada are reduced
- Result 5: Canada’s oceans and marine environments are protected from marine shipping impacts
- Result 6: A transportation system that supports innovation
Core Responsibility 3: Efficient Transportation System
Supports efficient market access to products through investment in Canada’s trade corridors; adopts and implement rules and policies that promote sufficient choice and improved service to Canadian travellers and shippers; and manages transportation assets to ensure value for Canadians.
- Result 7: Transportation corridors get products reliably to market
- Result 8: Canadian travellers and freight operators benefit from choice and improved service
- Result 9: Transport Canada manages its assets effectively